Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I get an car engine oil stain off my driveway?

A minivan was parked on my driveway and it leaked oil on the driveway. I use soap, water and sponge to get the top of the oil off, now I need to get the stain off.How do I get an car engine oil stain off my driveway?
Janet





If the concrete is dry, take a jug of ';Clorox Bleach'; and pour it on the stain.....it will soak into the concrete. After about 15 minutes...with a garden hose and sprayer on the small circular setting (or your thumb over the end of the hose) pressure wash the area to raise the imbedded oil out of the pores of the concrete.....should do a good job.





We do that weekly around the shop.





(Houston)How do I get an car engine oil stain off my driveway?
the best way i've found is to cover the stain with plenty of Stay Dry and then pour some lacquer thinner on it. the thinner penetrates and mixes with the oil and the Stay Dry soaks it all up. after a few mins. work it in a little more with a stiff broom and then sweep it up. it's always worked great for me. good luck.
I would try something simple like laundry detergent and hot water used with a scrub brush and rinsed .then repeated.
Go to any auto supply store and buy ';Oil Eaters'; You will love this stuff for any oil stain, even on clothes. It's amazing and you'll never be without it anymore!
Degreaser and hot water through a pressure washer.
Try some floor dry and a 2x4. Throw down some floor dry and start to grind it into driveway.
use a pressure washer or muradic acid.
my aunt uses gasoline on stains, lets sit then washes off.
simple green makes a solution just for this. it can be purchased at any checker, kragen, or schucks auto parts. the cost is about ten bucks and it works pretty good once you brush it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment