Saturday, December 26, 2009

What non-synthetic (conventional) car oil would you guys recommend?

I use Mobil Clean 5000 right now. The UOA's(Used Oil Analysis) on bobistheoilguy.com are not sufficient enough to give me good data. I really doubt Mobil would make a bad oil. The car runs wonderfully with it, and I drive 70% highway miles so there's no ';severe'; driving for me to worry about with shorter OCI's(Oil Change Intervals). I particularly like the 5000 mile guarantee. I use purolator oil filters only. My car is a 1991 Toyota Camry, so I don't use synthetic. Older engines like this one don't seem to be designed for synthetic oil from what I hear. (The car engine needs an overhaul because it does some slight oil burning, which is my other question here that has already been resolved) I was just wondering if for example someone drives the same car as I do, and has a lot of miles like I do (228,700). I just want to keep this car running as much as I can until I need to overhaul the engine. So what's your favorite conventional oil?What non-synthetic (conventional) car oil would you guys recommend?
i own a repair shop,and synthetic is designed to run in older engines and help them also,my service truck has over 200 thousand on it,and it runs synthetic in it,and it does real good with it i would stay with Mobil one as an oil or Pennzoil i have used it before and i like it a lot,it does real good in any vehicle you put it in,, it or Mobil one is the only oil i ever use and i never have any complaints from any of my customers on any of it,good luck i hope this help,s.What non-synthetic (conventional) car oil would you guys recommend?
good luck. Report Abuse

Thank you. I'll probably post whatever good or bad happens when I try a heavier oil maybe a 10W-40 synthetic. I'm using 10W-40 Mobil Clean 5000. At least it's Mobil =) Report Abuse

castrol,valvoline...all name brands are very good nowadays
Castrol GTX or Valvoline Racing oil 20-50w :)
I don't own a repair shop.VALVOLINE is the best I have found.
I use castrol have been for many years 250,000 miles still going strong
Mobil is good.chevron is good..castrol is good...there all about the same





or oil from the cars manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment