Saturday, December 26, 2009

When or within how many months should I take my car for oil change?

I drive a Honda CRV.When or within how many months should I take my car for oil change?
3 months or 3,000 miles whichever comes first





older cars (10 or more years) you should use a heavier weight oil 20/50w, same if you live in cold region of the country





newer cars, sunny %26amp; warm, 10/30wWhen or within how many months should I take my car for oil change?
Yhis answer is totally wrong.


The colder the climate, the thinner the oil, and vice-versa.


Every 6000 miles is also a much better frequency to change the oil, otherwise you are throwing money away! Report Abuse

No more than 3 months..... check the oil and if it is brown or black it is overdue... I check mine 1 month after I do an oil change.. then when it starts getting brown I change it. None of my vehicles has ever seen black oil..... also use 5W30 oil.
follow manufacturer recommendations


I check my fluids every day, simple knowledge can prevent costly repairs
Typical usage 3 months or 3,000 miles of driving. Check your owners manual for recommendations with different driving conditions (towing, highway driving effect this).
they usually recommend around 3000 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment