Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How many miles you check your car oil?

4000 milesHow many miles you check your car oil?
My car?


When the check oil light comes on I know that it needs two quarts.How many miles you check your car oil?
Usually every 3000
Since I drive around town a lot, I check my oil once a week. It also depends on the number of miles on the engine, my car has 251K miles and does not burn a lot of oil in 3000 miles (less than a pint). Checking your fluid levels and tires once a week is a great way to find out if there are leaks and catching a problem sooner than later is always better.
At 2000 miles I check and usually change the oil by 3000 miles.
Every time I put fuel in it. Check tire psi also
I check it once a month, but my car doesn't burn any. If I had a car that used oil I'd check it every weekend.
You're supposed to check the level . on the dipstick once a week, or before every major journey (checking Brake Fluid, coolant + screenwash levels at the sametime)......... and have it changed every 3000 - 9000miles, or 6 months (whichever comes first).
they recommend in all service books,you check your oil prior to Any trip.also pressures lights etc.
When it's new, you should get it down every 3,000 miles, or maybe more often, based on the manufacturer's guidelines. Once it's well broken in, it's safe to increase it to every 5,000 miles, so long as you're driving reasonably regularly. After 100,000 miles, you might want to go back to every 3,000, and/or switch to a high-mileage synthetic oil.
it all depends on the type of car, i would say to checkto see if it is using any oil check it at about 1500 miles and then again at 3000 miles just to be safe
I check it every 1000 miles, but change it every 3000 miles or 3 month, whichever comes first.
every 3000 miles
check often -- but with amsoil you get 25000miles

No comments:

Post a Comment