Tuesday, December 22, 2009

If my car engine oil evaporates, is there something wrong with my car?

After about 3,000 miles my engine oil starts to go low. I check it about once a week and I've noticed that. Is it because my oil is old and it's time to change it or is it something else?If my car engine oil evaporates, is there something wrong with my car?
Petroleum does not evaporate... it's leaking, or thinning out, and burning.





- Good Luck!If my car engine oil evaporates, is there something wrong with my car?
oil doesnt evaporate, it either leaks, or burns it.i would say you need a oil change.
Its normal to burn up to 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles.





The oil evaporates so slowly that in 100 years it would still be hardly detectable if you left it sit in the open.
It's leaking or being burned. Oil doesn't evaporate.
You are either leaking it externally or burning it internally. Next oil change tell them you are going low and they can inspect for leakage.
It would take about 5 years for a quart of oil to evaporate - I had an Olds once that about every 3,000 miles it would start burning it. change your oil and filter - and your situation may change - if you don't as mister good wrench says ';pay me now or pay me later'; meaning it will cost you more if you don't. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment