Tuesday, December 22, 2009

When I release the accelerator pedal of my car, the oil warning lamp starts blinking, Is that a big problem?

I have no this problem when I driving my car, just when I want to park it or stop behind a red light.


My car is an old Renault 5When I release the accelerator pedal of my car, the oil warning lamp starts blinking, Is that a big problem?
Check oil level in car on level surface. Fill if needed. Then check your oil pressure gauge to see if it is normal. I have no idea what normal oil pressure for that car is look on web or buy a manual for the car to find correct info on that car. If it is low it could be two things oil pump going bad or faulty oil sensor. To check the sensor u will have to find it first do that buy looking in the repair manual. Then the best way to tell is buy a new one. On my 1981 ford mustang i have same problem as you and it was sensor. For my mustang it was $10.When I release the accelerator pedal of my car, the oil warning lamp starts blinking, Is that a big problem?
The chances are that you oil pomp is packing up or your rings have had it. Renault 5`s are easy to do. they have loose sleeves which are better to replace when you do the rings so you will need to get new pistons rings and sleeves and a gasket kit it is also a good idea to replace the oil pump when doing up the engine
either low oil or your oil pressure is low, you probably need to add oil and if it still does it, then maybe a change to a bit thicker oil, or add what it needs and drive it till it drops if it has many miles on it, if it has many miles it wont be worth trying to fix for just that, either another engine or rebuild that one,

No comments:

Post a Comment